Can you imagine carving out some time in your life, maybe once a month or once a week, doing something that would satisfy your soul and lift someone else up? At Breakthrough, our goal is to guide people just enough in order that they might move out of the circumstances of poverty or find their strengths as a member of our shared community. That's why we offer volunteer opportunities - you are needed!
- Kitchen servers (perfect for groups) - help prepare and serve lunch to our neighbors suffering from poverty and hunger
- Representative Payees - help our neighbors who receive disability income budget and maintain financial stability
- Gardeners - work with at-risk youth and Breakthrough Club members in maintaining our community garden and grow food to be used in our kitchen
- Youth program assistants - work with our Youth program staff and at-risk youth during our classes for youth
- Clubhouse mentors and tutors - help Breakthrough Club members in a variety of ways as they work toward meeting their vocational, educational, social, and wellness goals
- Employment program assistants - help unemployed mothers and fathers search for jobs and build a resume to find meaningful employment to provide for their families
- Special event volunteers (includes Kindness Moves Me Walk, our Signature event, Community Holiday meals & special work projects)
For more information on volunteering with us, contact Jacquette Thompson, Volunteer Coordinator or (316) 269-4160. You can also fill out the Volunteer application and return it by e-mail, snail mail, or you can stop by in person.